Monster School Bus Game Assessment Ideas
Use the following game assessment ideas to encourage students to think critically about what they’ve learned during Monster School Bus game play:
- What do you like about this game?
- What are you trying to do in each level?
- What does it mean to have a full load?
- What are some strategies you are using to get each full load?
- Are there any things you should try not to do when you are looking for a full load?
- What strategies are you using to get 3 stars on a level?
- How do the later levels in Monster School Bus get more challenging?
- What are some strategies you have used to get 3 stars?
- If you were designing harder levels, what would you recommend?
You can also use the questions below to assess students’ understanding of the math concepts in the game:
- Can you give some examples of number pairs that add up to 10, including decimals?
- Can you give some examples of number pairs that add up to 1?
- Can you give some examples of number pairs that add up to 100?
- How are all of these related?
- If I give you one of the numbers, what are some of the strategies you use to find the second number to get a “Full Load”?
- Can you give me three numbers that equal 10? 1? 100?
- What are some strategies for finding a set of three numbers that add up to 10, 1, and 100?
Adapted from: Source
Filed as: Assessment, Games in the Classroom, Mental Math, Monster School Bus, Monster School Bus - Full, Online Gaming, Teacher Resources, Teachers' Resources