Ayiti Assessment Ideas
After students have played the Ayiti game, they will need to reflect upon and also share their experiences. This discussion’s goal is to explore the correlation between choices made, their respective outcomes, and the constraints faced within the game, as well as how our own lives and situations compare and contrast with those of the family members in the game.
Some suggested questions for students include:
1. What was it like playing the game?
2. What was the game about and how would you describe it to a friend?
3. Which primary objective did you select, and why?
4. What types of decisions did you have to make about the family members while playing the game and trying to achieve your objective?
5. What strategies did you use? For example, did you combine work and school, or did you send everyone to work? Which worked? Which did not?